Thursday 28 January 2016

CC&S #158 Sketch: Always & Forever

This week’s sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches is quite open to interpretation. Because of the simple nature of the sketch, I decided to concentrate on the background. I also wanted to play with my new Always and Forever stamp set from Uniko Studio and with a mixed media technique new to me that I learned by following one of Eileen Godwin’s YouTube videos called the Masterboard/Gesso Resist technique. Alas, I felt that my finished Masterboard even after simply matting onto a card blank was not CAS enough for our challenge so I made another card for CC&S and will post the Masterboard card separately! 


I stamped the smallest flower from the Beautiful Blooms 1 set using Versamark and clear embossing powder onto a piece of violet cardstock. This was simply matted onto a card blank and trimmed to follow Patricia’s sketch. I stamped the image with the flower from the Always and Forever set onto a piece of white linen cardstock and again clear embossed it. The sentiment stamp comes from the same set and this has been die-cut using a banner die. I felt the contrast between the dark mat and the white card blank was too much so added the white punched hearts, but I’m still not sure if that was the right thing to do. Hey ho, it is what it is and done now! I'm sorry for the reflections in the photo but with all that embossing it was difficult to get a good picture without the shine!


I would also like to enter my card into a couple of challenges:




Supplies Used:
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms 1 and Always & Forever (Uniko Studio)
Inkpads: Versamark (Tsukineko) & Violet (VersaColor)
Die: Tag Along (Clearly Besotted)
Snippets: Violet & White linen cardstock, Small heart punch

We would love to have you join us in our challenge. You can find the details HERE and you have until Wednesday 3rd February to share your card.

Thanks for visiting!
Stef x

12 comments:

  1. So rich and classy looking. Fabulous card Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Valentines card! Love it in purple (my favourite colour and very romantic I think) and it is elegant too. Great job with the sketch
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card makes my heart smile :) Love this combo of stamps (no surprise there) and what lovely shades of purple. Thanks for linking up to the Uniko Challenge too :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! eye-poppingly stunning Steph. What an exotic, dramatic and glamorous colour choice but it works perfectly. Love it and thanks for sharing at Uniko. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed BG. The shades of purple work really well x Lindsey Uniko DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very rich and elegant Valentine's card - I love your classy take on this sketch! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely dramatic take on the cue Stef!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. A brilliant card. I love the background (I should confess that I adore purple), it's stunning. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how the flower in the heart is echoed in the background. The rich purples are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Stef! The violet is wonderfully rich and the images elegant - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this is stunning! I love the tone-on-tone background (with my favourite flower). And the flower in the heart is perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete