Thursday, 26 May 2016

CC&S 175 Sketch: Spring Greens

Here is my card for CAS Colours and Sketches this week. I will add some more details when I get back from Guide camp on Monday as it's very late and time has just run away with me this week!


If you're in the UK, I hope you have a good Bank Holiday weekend!
Stef x

Thursday, 19 May 2016

CC&S 174 Colours: Time to Say Goodbye (Part Two)

A quick post from me this week cos it's got really late again! Caro has chosen the other two retiring SU colours alongside silver for us this week at CAS Colours and Sketches.


I still need a lot of practice both with my ScanNCut and watercolouring but I had a some fun with both tonight so, I suppose, that's the main thing! I learned how to cut the rectangle outline with my SNC to match my die cut rose outlines, adhered the pieces to watercolour paper and played with some inks and brushes. I cut around them and arranged them on a card blank, raising the flower up and finishing with a greeting sticker and a few gems.


Supplies Used:
Die: Roses (Paper Smooches)
Ink Pads: Dusty Concord (TH Distress), Celadon (VersaColor)
Snippets: Watercolour paper, Greeting sticker, Adhesive gems

Sorry for the rubbish photo, it kept catching the light. Have a great week!
Stef x

Thursday, 12 May 2016

CC&S Sketch 173: Layered roses in navy and mint!

I don't often buy craft magazines these days but when I saw one with an Altenew build-a-rose stamp and die collection with it, well, I just had to get it and try out the latest craze for myself! Caro has given us a fairly straight-forward sketch to work with this week at CAS Colours & Sketches so those were my two starting points.


I found it quite tricky to align the 3-layered stamps with each other but I suppose, with practice, I'll improve! Two outline dies were included for the flower and the leaf but TBH it was just as easy to fussy cut them out, especially the leaves. I used pigment inks in three different shades of blue for the flowers and three shades of green for the leaves. I stuck a spare piece of navy paper onto a square card blank, to tie in with the sketch, and played around with the positioning of the flowers and leaves until I was happy with them. The flowers are attached with foam pads, to add dimension, and the leaves have been curled and glued under the edges of the flowers. The sentiment was stamped onto a narrow length of textured mint paper and then adhered to the card blank to form the second band in the sketch.


It might seem a slightly odd colour combination for my subject but I chose them so that I could play along with challenge #108 at Inkspirational this week. I think this combo is gorgeous and actually I think the navy BG really shows off the flowers well.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Build-a-rose stamp & die collection (Altenew - free with Simply Cards & Papercraft 149), Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink pads: Smoke Blue, Atlantic, Indigo, Sage, Celadon, Turquoise (VersaColor), Majestic Blue (VersaFine)
Snippets: Navy & mint paper/cardstock


Well, that's all from me this week! Thanks for visiting.

Stef x

Thursday, 5 May 2016

CC&S 172 Colours: Time to say goodbye...

... to SU's retiring in colour collection 2014-2016. One of our newest DT members Caro is hosting for CAS Colours & Sketches this month and has chosen the retiring colours for this month's challenges. As there is a green and two flower colours in the mix I decided to do one of my favourite floral cards.


I haven't used this Rubbernecker stamp set in a while but I do love it and being a four step stamp it's very easy to get a great look. I inked the largest image with a yellow DI and used a water brush to colour the tips of the flowers with orange. After a couple of mists with water I stamped it onto a piece of linen cardstock. The stems were stamped in black without misting. The leaves were stamped in a similar way to the flowers using a green DI and the random splatters with an orange DI. This piece was then matted onto a piece of coordinating orange cardstock.


I stamped the sentiment in black onto a vellum strip and wrapped it around the mat adhering it to the back to secure it in place and then stuck the whole thing onto an A6 card blank.

I was trying to think of a different way of presenting this stamp and came across this great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches so would like to enter my card into their challenge 235.


Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Flowers In The Breeze (Rubbernecker)
Ink Pads: Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold & Peeled Paint (TH Distress), Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Snippets: Linen & orange cardstock, Vellum

This is the first time Caro has hosted one of our challenges so please visit her blog and say 'hi'.



Thanks for visiting!
Stef x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...