Friday 2 February 2018

New Year, New Challenges, New Job?

So I've been away for a while focusing on family and personal stuff but really want to get back to sharing my crafting and joining in with a few challenges along the way. My thoughts led me to join in with the Mission Inspiration challenge for January on facebook. So two firsts! My first ever art journal page and my first ever entry into the challenge. Each month Mike Deakin sets a series of prompts together with some colour swatches and inspirational words and that takes away the fear of starting with a blank page! I followed the prompts exactly and am reasonably pleased with the results. I just need to spend far less time faffing and trying to decide what to do and just go for it! I hope that this is the first of many art journal pages to come!


Supplies Used:
Paints: Apricot Blush & Townhouse Teal (IndigoBlu Acrylic)
Stencils: Bubbles & Faded Dots (IndigoBlu)
Images: Snowdrops (Carol Ann Clarke for Craftsuprint), Photo from my garden
Music Text: Auld Lang Syne
Stamp: Ivy leaf (Toodles & Binks - free with Craft Stamper Sept 2011)
Ink Pad: Lettuce (Adirondack)
Page Title Font: Annie BTN
Snippets: Stripy patterned paper, White gesso, Black Staedtler triplus fineliner, Derwent Cumberland colouring pencils



Can't wait to see what Mike's got lined up for tomorrow when the February challenge starts!

Thanks for visiting
Stef x

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful journal page!!!! Thank you for your comment on my blog about watching the video!! You will love the technique!!

    ReplyDelete