Friday 5 December 2014

Christmas Dots

Hmmm, definitely not one of my best! This week has been crazily busy and I haven't really got time to squeeze crafting into it. However because I want to fulfil the commitment I'd made to myself to enter the DT call at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown I have to enter a card into the challenge for the last week in November which is a 'Pick A Previous' Sketch challenge.


I have chosen sketch #26 from March 2014 and thought it also fitted very well into this week's challenge at Addicted to CAS whose code word this week is 'Dots'.

I have used a beautiful Marianne Design bauble die that came free with a magazine  and some metallic papers. I think what I don't like are the punched circles as they seem too big now they are stuck to the card! I think they detract from the delicacy of the baubles.

Three snowflake stamped images from Card-io's 'Winter Flurry' set and a couple of gems complete the sketch with a peel-off greeting in silver. Now, that's not something I use very often these days but I really need to use up some of my old stuff. Maybe there should be a challenge that makes use of ancient stash!!

That's all for tonight.
Thanks for visiting.
Stef

7 comments:

  1. The first thing that caught my eye was the gorgeous baubles. A really quick but elegant card.
    I too am trying to use up all my old stickers I have soooo many.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  2. sobre et brillante, une très jolie inspiration Stef, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of sparkle and shine with this beautiful card. LOVE your flourish ornaments --- so pretty! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornaments look great cut from the shiny cardstock. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at 52{C}CT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your take on the sketch - the ornaments are lovely and there's a super shimmer there too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful ornaments. So glad that you shared it with us at 52CCT even if you don't think it's your best. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the metallic baubles, and the varied size of the circles blend together so well.
    Thank you for playing along at ATCAS - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete