Thursday 29 October 2015

CC&S #148: A Double Challenge

I'm not sure that my card for CAS Colours and Sketches this week is either clean or simple enough to really do the challenge justice. I was making some cards with my mum the other day and obviously had one of those indecisive days so this is what I ended up with. 


We were making some cards using Craftwork Cards products and I thought I would make a card for the challenge using patterned papers and die-cut flowers. As it does sometimes, the design started out one way and finished up another. The card has an acetate panel on the front with a patterned panel on the inside of the card. However, the finished design could just have easily had the patterned panel on the front of the card but I had a different plan when I originally sat down to make it!


I wanted to make my own flowers to match the graphic but ended up cutting and shaping flowers from the papers and using some die cuts. Also, it did prove a real challenge to find papers that only used three closely-matching colours to the ones I chose for CC&S - talk about giving myself a hard time!


Anyway, I have made it for a special friend's birthday this week and I'm sure she'll love it, especially the colours. I've got a really busy week of birthdays so I must go and make a few more cards. Then I will see about enjoying what's left of half term!

We would love to have you join us in the challenge this week. We had a bumper crop of entries last week, so thank you!

Stef x

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card Stef and I'm sure your friend will be delighted to receive it. Loved working with your double combo this week. Huge pat on the back for this month's challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is pretty. I loved this combo, in fact I've loved all the challenges this month so thank you.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers and flourishes are so pretty! You've been a super hostess this month. Thanks for all the great challenges! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete