Thursday 21 April 2016

CC&S 170 Colours: More Decorative Roses

As my 'Decorative Rose' stamp set was still on my desk from last week I thought I would have a go at using it with Louise's colour choices for CAS Colours and Sketches this week. It's been a while since I did some straight forward stamping and used Promarkers to colour in, so I thought I would give that a go this week.



I have only used two different pens to do the colouring but have gone over parts of the design several times to get the darker colour. To finish, I used 'Glossy Accents' on the flowers, again something which I'm a bit out of practice at using. It didn't go on as perfectly as it should have, but well enough! I finished by matting and layering onto a coloured card blank with a top fold, again, something I've not used in a while!



Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Decorative Roses (with Creative Stamping, Issue 30)
Ink pad: Espresso Truffle (Memento)
Promarkers: Rose Pink & Sky Blue (Letraset)
Snippets: Brown textured cardstock, Glossy Accents (Ranger)


So, a bit of nostalgia from me this week. What will you be able to come up with? Sorry that I've not been commenting a lot on the entries in the last couple of weeks. Hope to put that right this week.

Stef x

6 comments:

  1. Simply STUNNING! Beautiful image & beautifully coloured. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card - love the layout and colours.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Stef. The colours perfectly suit the image - I love Rennie Macintosh so this brings me a lot of pleasure. I really like the layout too. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design and the colours work well in the image. This is a great CAS card. Sometimes it's fun tto go back to basic techniques, like colouring in with Pro Markers
    Beautiful card Stef
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks good to me Stef. Great stamp and love it in these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - I love that image; great way to use the colors!

    ReplyDelete