Thursday 8 January 2015

New Year News!

Just before Christmas the lovely ladies at CAS Colours and Sketches invited me to join their design team. My first ever DT - I'm so excited, not least because now I have a good excuse to find time to craft every week!! So my first card for them is based on this week's sketch challenge #106...


I needed to make a card for my friend Karen whose birthday falls this week so this is for her. The flower is stamped and die cut from the gorgeous Beautiful Blooms set from Uniko Studio. The sentiment is computer-generated and die cut using a Spellbinders die. The flourish stamp is from Inkadinkado and has been stamped directly onto the card blank. The grosgrain ribbon (which I think I won at some point) is from Stampin' Up and I love this way of pleating the ribbon to make an embellishment.



Santa seemed to have run out of crafty goodies by the time he got to rural Lancashire this year but the good news is that he has given me a few pennies to buy some bits in the post-Christmas sales which means that I have been able to order a few more things than I otherwise might have done!! I look forward to having a play with them when they arrive and sharing my experiments with you.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I look forward to visiting and commenting on lots of your entries in the weeks and months to come. Bye for now!
Stef x

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team - what a great first card - love how you have interpreted the sketch - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef, it's nice to be able to formally welcome you to the CAS Colours & Sketches team!!! :) I love your gently looped ribbon, and the blossom is really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if all your cards are as beautiful as this I am so glad you're on the team! What a stunner! The touches of bling do not detract from the CAS design in any way, I love it, sure your friend will too
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first DT appointment, Stef! I think they are very lucky to have you! Your card is a knockout for the sketch and so very CAS and lovely!! I am finally getting to you in my New Friends Corner on my post tomorrow! Thank you again for joining me!! If your new schtuff comes in soon, don't forget to come on over and join in my NBUS Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your introduction on the NBUS blog and came over to visit your blog. Congratulations on being asked to join the CAS Colours & Sketches design team. I'm a new follower and hope you'll visit my blog and perhaps become a follower too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team Staf! I love your card...the bling and the swirl really bring it all together :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Stef. Love how you've looped that ribbon into a banner. It's going to be fun working with you as a fellow newbie to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your lovely comments ladies! I am thrilled to bits to be joining the team at CC&S I look forward to making lots of new friends along the way as well as trying to perfect the CAS style of card making! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your first ever DT assignment! That is awesome! I am a new follower and hope you'll visit my blog and perhaps become a follower too! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your DT gig and FABulous card. Love how you've used Beautiful Blooms I. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete