Monday 3 November 2014

FUSION (Something wicked this way comes... or not...)

A quick post tonight to share with you a card I've made for a work colleague, Donna, following the criteria on the Fusion card challenge blog.


I decided to use both the photo and the sketch and was inspired by the colours in the photo. These are not colours I usually work with so it was a real challenge for me not to use my preferred blue/green/purple palette. The roses also inspired my choice of stamp. It's from The Stamp Barn and I've had it in my stash for a while but not used it that much. Don't know why not as I love poppies and it stamps beautifully. As Remembrance Sunday falls this week I also thought it a very appropriate choice even though it's not coloured red!

Anyway, here is my rendition:


The background panels were created by merging three colours of mica spray mists and the outline of the stamped image was then highlighted with Promarkers and coloured pencils.

I would like to enter it into the following challenge:

Thanks for visiting
Stef x

3 comments:

  1. Stef, your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, love the mists!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted a comment and got an editing conflict error come up from Blogger, so I hope this doesn't post twice :) I love the background on this card - you've created so much depth. Great job!

    ReplyDelete