Tuesday 18 November 2014

Thinking of you

I love the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches this week! I have also been inspired by the lovely 'Home Sweet Home' photo inspiration from Challenge #18 at Time Out challenges so I thought I would combine the two and hopefully come up with a beautiful card of my own!


I have followed the sketch very closely and at first I was going to use stamping as the focal point of my card but decided to stamp a background strip instead taking my inspiration from the fir cone pots in the photo. The stamp set I have used is 'Festive Fir Cones' by Card-io, a local company to me, based in Wigan. I have also tried to pick out various colours from the photo in the stamping, the focal sentiment and the vertical background strip. The finishing touch was a narrow lightly striped paper strip placed across the stamped fir cones to suggest the pine floor boards and the wooden crate from the photo.


So I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

A colleague at work, Angela, has lost a very dear friend of hers recently so I have made this card to give to her.

Thanks for dropping by.
Stef

6 comments:

  1. Fabulois stamping and crisp, sharp masking. Great colour match to our photo, thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card - love the Autumnal banner. Thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job combining the challenges! The warm fall colors are great. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great panal that you stamped! Love all the fall-images and colours! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the inspiration photo, Stef ... the stamped panel is so deliciously autumnal and I love the banner hinting at the wooden floor and box! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete